CRICH PARISH

which consists of the villages of Crich, Fritchley and Whatstandwell.

This is an enlargement of the 1892 "Sale of Estate" map.

Map courtesy of Rosemary Hall.

Crich map 1892

The road along the bottom is the Common and the road leading to LOT 1 and LOT 2 is Chapel Lane.

The Crich Wesleyan Chapel is opposite these two LOTS.

LOT 1

All that substantially stone-built Dwelling House, together with the frame-knitters shop, out-offices, and garden, containing 473 square yards or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Mr. James Lester, situate near to the Wesleyan Chapel, and close to the turnpike road leading to Ambergate, and marked Lot 1 on Plan.

LOT2

All that substantially stone-built Dwelling House, together with out-offices, stable and garden, containing 362 square yards or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Mr. John Burton and adjoining Lot1 and marked Lot 2 on Plan.

Lot 4

All that substantially stone-built Dwelling House, together with out-offices, garden, cow house for three cows and two calves, piggery, &c. and a piece or parcel of land known as Deacon's Croft, together containing 2 roods 7 perches, or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Mr. Holding, and bounded by Property belonging to Mr. Boam and the Clay Cross Company and marked Lot 4 on Plan.

Lot 5

All those three (formerly four) substantially stone-built Dwelling Houses, with appurtenances and large gardens bounded by Lot 4, the Clay Cross Co. and an occupation road, containing 1,319 square yards or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Mr. J. Ollerenshaw, Miss Wallace, and Mr Alfred Martin, and marked Lot 5 on Plan.

Lot 7

All that piece or parcel of Meadow Land, situate opposite Lots 3, 4, and 5, and adjoining the Wesleyan Chapel, containing 3,686 square yards or thereabouts, now in the occcupation of Mr. John Holding, and bounded by Properties belonging to Mr. George Curzon, Mr. Enoch Naylor and Mr. Joseph Smith, and marked Lot 7 on Plan.

 

Back to the map