CRICH PARISH

which consists of the villages of Crich, Fritchley and Whatstandwell.

This is an enlargement of the 1892 "Sale of Estate" map.

Map courtesy of Rosemary Hall.

Crich 1892 map

The row of 'grey' houses belonging to the late Mr John Lee was Workhouse Row.

The road along the bottom is the Common and the road leading to LOT 1 is Chapel Lane.

LOT 1

All that substantially stone-built Dwelling House, together with the frame-knitters shop, out-offices, and garden, containing 473 square yards or thereabouts, now in the occupation of Mr. James Lester, situate near to the Wesleyan Chapel, and close to the turnpike road leading to Ambergate, and marked Lot 1 on the plan.

 

Back to the map